This example illustrates how to implement a common scenario where UI consists of a grid that shows a read-only list of records and a form where it is possible to edit these records. The same form can be used to add a new, blank record. All four CRUD operations are implemented with writes to the server. The demo server does everything like a real server except writing to a real database.
- full featured, production ready, well-written code
- all four CRUD operations implemented
- the server code simulates real-world responses – does not write in a real database, though
- grid store defined in ViewModel loaded from server
- grid selection propagated to upper level viewmodel
- form fields bound to the selected record
- validation rules defined on data model and used by form fields
- reusable form window that is not destroyed when closed
- formula to provide data for enabling/disabling button
- field Base override to publish also invalid value – needed for Save enable/disable logic
- grid Action column override to enable font icon support
- does not use data session
This approach can be used whenever you want to edit grid records in a form window. It can be, for example, when grid shows only a couple of fields, but the form would allow editing of all available fields.
Another situation could be when form fields are complicated extensions and/or their interrelation is complex hence grid cell or row editing wouldn’t do.
Example Files (relative to example root)
The example has been initially generated with
sencha generate app in a workspace. The following list contains only the relevant files:
app/Application.js app/model/Base.js app/model/User.js app/view/main/Main.js app/view/main/MainController.js app/view/main/MainModel.js app/view/user/Form.js app/view/user/FormModel.js app/view/user/Grid.js app/view/user/GridModel.js overrides/form/field/Base.js sass/src/view/user/Grid.scssIf you want to see the example code, login or sign-up. Free membership is available.
- Ext, Angular, React, and Vue - 27. June 2019
- The Site Resurgence - 11. February 2018
- Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy - 19. June 2015